Saturday, November 29, 2008

Why I love my Hubby... Reason 759

(WARNING:  Cheese Factor is VERY HIGH on this post, consider yourself warned...)

Excerpt from a phone conversation a couple of days ago (don't worry, I'll edit out the lovey/dovey stuff!)...

Hubby (from store), "Hey honey, they have some fun gingerbread house building kits here, should I get one for the kids?"

Me (at home), "Yea, that would be fun!  But while you're there, why don't you grab a couple of extra bags of candy - they never seem to have enough in the kits (well, not enough to snack on while you're decorating, and after all, what fun is building a gingerbread house if you can't snack on the candy in the process??!)"

Hubby, "Sure, no problem"...


...and this is what came through the door...
I think we could build an entire gingerbread house out of the actual candy :)

... and this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I love my husband so much (keep reading, it's more than just bringing home truck loads of goodies... although that does help... but I digress...).  
He is a complete over-achiever in EVERY sense of the word.  He will do EVERYTHING he does to the upmost degree.  He never cuts corners on ANYTHING...  
    If I ask him to help clean the bathroom, I can guarantee that thing will be spotless from top to bottom, in every nook and cranny (let alone the fact that he will, in fact, help in cleaning the bathroom!).  
     If he decides to put up a fence, you can bet money on the fact that the fence will be better built than most professionally built fences out there.  
    If he is in charge of 'pizza night' our table will be FULL with every imaginable (and some not-yet imaginable...) pizza toppings.
    If he is going through medical school, you can also bet that he will go for it with gusto, and open up every possible avenue of future career path for the family (okay, so this one wasn't always a positive in my book, as many nights home alone spent begrudging this quality will attest... but now that we are on the home stretch, I can see how it was worth it... mostly ;)  ).
    If he is secretary of the elders quorum, you can bet he have every possible aspect of that quorum organized, categorized, and accounted for. (He was the person I got the announcements from when I was RS secretary!)  
    If he is in charge of date night, you can bet he will have every possible new eating option within a 50 mile radius scoured, complete with menu options, driving directions, and reservations made in a few different places (just to make sure)
    I could go on, and on (and on, and on...) but you get the picture:  That's my hubby - the 'go for it with gusto' man that I completely admire (and mock on occasion...) and with whom I am madly, deeply, hopelessly in love!

2 comments:

Robin Conner said...

That was really sweet Jen! He is great! I want to see the finished product when you guys get done decorating! So much fun! And your stew and scones looked really yummy! I hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving! We just got back. Glad to be home and not driving! Love you guys!

Shan said...

Heartfelt!