Friday, November 7, 2008

When I'm a mommy....

 I knew it would come, the day I heard, "When I'm a mommy..."
...  I just didn't know it would come so soon...


This seems to be Sarah's latest line of defense when she doesn't agree with my parenting things... especially on things as torturous as, say, bedtimes, and cleaning rooms....

The past few months it started, first it was, "When I'm a mommy, I'm not going to make my little girl go to bed.  She is going to get to stay up as late as she wants!"

Then it moved onto, "When I'm a mommy, I'm not going to make my little girl clean her room.  She is going to be able to keep it as messy as she wants!"

Then we moved into, "When I'm a mommy, I'm not going to make my little girl brush her teeth so much!"
(The boys that come to Sarah will have no such protection, however!  Something I will remind her of in the future, I'm sure!)

Today I had to laugh when she jumped right into mommy status as we were watching word world.  I have a perfect "nerdy mom" jig that I do to one of the main songs on this movie, something that annoys Sarah to death.  When we flipped it on this afternoon, I jumped right into the song, and Sarah turned to me and said, "You need to stop.  I'm going to turn it off if you don't stop right now!"   Oh, the horror - no Word World!! 
... so I couldn't resist, I just kept right on going to see how long it would take her to realize that she is the one who would suffer more from her sense of 'disciplining' me...
... she got almost to the TV, and then turned to give me a few more warnings.  I had to laugh over this one.  She is definitely 6 going on 26!


... and yes, mom, this is where you see the "one day you're going to have a daughter just like you" come full circle.  Feel free to give that little 'ahh yes' smile, because it has happened :).

1 comment:

Jogusboy said...

I bet you couldn't stand the horror
of a Word World free life.