Thursday, November 27, 2008

Let the Festivities begin!!!

Okay, these pictures won't mean anything to you unless you were ever a part of the 
Petersen "Gathering" night...

If you can believe it, this is the first year that I have actually attempted scones.  Since we don't have a fry-daddy (or baby, or grampa, for that matter... c'mon guys, I'm a dietician - that is against the law in this household ;)  ), I did the old-fashioned fry in the skillet method.  I know, I know,  these aren't the super-cute-golden-delicious-mom-like scones, but hey, they are scones, and they were yummy!

After a frantic call to mom in the store to make sure I was getting all of the right ingredients (Yes, this DOES merit a trans-continental call to Argentina to make sure that I'm not leaving out any of the sacred ingredients!!), I came home and got to work on the stew.

So, we may be far away, and our gathering was very small, but we gathered nonetheless to officially open the Thanksgiving festivities!!! 
So if you made it over the river and through the woods, or just out the bedroom and down the hall, we wish you all a 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

3 comments:

Jogusboy said...

We should have attempted chili and scones last night,I guess.

But we got tacos from Rio,and that tasted good,too.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

4kidsandcrazy said...

What a great tradition! I've done it some years, but this year it didn't happen. We are having "cousins day" today. Complete with going out to lunch and seeing a movie!
Take care!

winspears said...

What a fun idea! Your family is adorable! It is so much fun to see what other people do to celebrate the holidays! :)