Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Public Service Announcement...

... No, it's not to vote, although it does have to do with voting...

So I was reading an article on how we should bring our kids with us to vote so that they can learn how important it is and we can model 'good citizen' behavior, etc. etc, and I thought, "well, that sounds like a good idea."  
... my friends, I'm here to tell you, bringing your kids - (especially if they are prone to repeatedly make very loud comments like, "We are voting for John McCain, because he is nice to doctors!" in the middle of a VERY crowded auditorium of mostly Obama-ites)  is NOT,  I repeat, is NOT a very good idea... also especially if the line is extremely long... and there are only 4 voting booths (on a presidential election day, are you KIDDING me, only 4 booths??!)...  and your 15 month old decides at the very end, when you have made it through the long, harrowing lines, that he doesn't care about privacy, and he wants to 'make friends' with the people on both sides of the voting booths by using every muscle in his squirmy body to pull the dividers down (and almost succeeds...), No, bringing your kids is NOT a very good idea.  Please, Keep them home.  If you live by me, CALL ME, I will babysit.  I will come with you and stay outside with your children.  

.... and this is the end of the public service announcement.  You may now return to your regularly schedules lives (just as soon as you go vote... for John McCain... without the kids :)  ).

1 comment:

Jogusboy said...

I laughed out loud at the John McCain doctor comment.