Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fun at the Fair!

        To be quite honest, I wasn't that excited about going to the 'Family Fair' this year, because in years past it has been a bunch of booths with the local businesses giving coupons and trying to get their name out there, with one or two games for the kids outside with insanely long lines in the blistering heat.  Wahoo.  
     Since the other option for our Saturday was to sit at home and watch the hands tick around the clock on our ultimate countdown for boards, I loaded up the kids and we ventured out.  I do have to say, I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find the business booths gone, and replaced with a BUNCH of fun activities for the kids.  (There were so many activities, in fact, that we didn't get to them all, and Sarah let me know that fact multiple times throughout the rest of the day... "Well, mom, SOME kids got to go to ALL of the rides!!" as we were getting home... and at dinner when asked, "what were some of your favorites things?", after listing some of her favorites, "Well, mom, I would have had more to list if we could have gone on ALL of the rides, but we didn't, so I don't have very many favorites to say!"... yep, that's my 6-going-on 15 year old!)
We were eating our lunch of pizza, and without a word Benjamin suddenly drops his pizza and B-lines it across the room.  I catch up with him, to find him dancing with Elmo.  Ben's eyes were so big, I thought they were going to pop out of his head!!


Of course Sarah was in Heaven when Cinderella came around!!


This is my kind of roller coaster, one where I can stand to the side and hold Ben's hand, without feeling like I'm going to loose my own lunch being on the actual ride!!

Joshy showing off his pizza face - I couldn't hand it to him fast enough while he was in  full eating mode!


I do have to say, it was well worth juggling the 4 kids alone to get there!

Note to self:  After spending 2 1/2 hours at a fun carnival, where the kids get a big sugar and excitement overload, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT attempt to run into Wal-Mart on the way home.  You will end up in the middle of the Saturday rush, blocking the main path of 2 way traffic up the rows as the 3 year old crumbles to the floor because you can't hold both him AND the crying baby AND push the cart AND pick out the groceries at the same time, followed by the 6 year old crumbling to the floor complaining that his legs are just 'too tired' to move more and why can't he get into the cart to be pushed by your already over-occupied arms, all the while trying to reason with your 6 going-on 15 year old daughter the logistics of why she doesn't need a treat since she has just downed a truckload of cotton candy and a snow cone on the way to the store.  
    Believe me, you can have PB&J sandwiches for Sunday dinner.  It's just NOT worth it!!

No comments: