Monday, August 4, 2008

The FINAL Countdown!!!

   Okay - we are at T-minus 7 days and counting...  the dreaded BOARDS are lurking right around the corner (One week from today, to be exact!!).  What are the boards, you ask?  Well, picture the most horrific, energy sucking, husband-zombie-turning, family-stress-load-exploding, utterly loathsome abyss you can imagine, and that's basically it, in a nutshell.  (And I wonder why my family labels me the 'drama-queen??!')
   But seriously, life around here has been completely dismal, so say the least.  At this point, I really don't care how they turn out (okay, so that was a lie - I really do want him to pass... a LOT... especially since our lively hood pretty much HINGES on the outcome... and it determines whether or not the past 8 years of our lives have really meant anything in the medical world... but no stress, or anything, right?!)... I just want them OVER!!   
   It seems like the closer the date comes, the longer the days become.  We'll make it to next Monday, right??!  
   I don't think I'll have to post anything about the finishing of the actual test.  You will hear the Shouts of Joy from here...

... okay, whine officially over.  You may now return to your regularly scheduled lives :)

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Good luck to Jerry!! Can I just say that I am ALREADY sick of boards and we still have a ton to go. Radiology is notoriously bad and Todd pretty much has boards every single year. He's studying his brains out for his physics boards that he has to take next month. Down with boards!! I just hate all the extra studying it requires aside from the already long work days.

So glad you guys are ALMOST done!!