Monday, September 15, 2008

When is 10 minutes just TOO many minutes??...

... and you can't wait for that 10 minutes because the day has been... well... very long to say the least, and you just want to plop down on the couch and veg for a minute, but you turn the corner of the stairwell to see this...



... and walk downstairs to realize that this closet now looks...

... like this 
... and every blanket and pillow in the house has been turned into the above pictured "launch pad landing," which the kids had used to cushion their landing from launching themselves off of various heights of the stairs...

... and just when you think, "well, it could be worse, this is actually kind of creative of the kids"  the dog (who has been playing outside in the rainy mud puddles)  bounds down the stairs and across the makeshift launch pad...



... about then is when you realize that yes, sometimes 10 minutes is just TOO many minutes...

5 comments:

Julie said...

Remember when we use to build a wall of pillows and blankets on mom's bed and start at the end of the hall, run and try to jump over them? Good times. Funny - I don't remember ever cleaning that up. Now I realize how much mom had to do with seven of us!

Brewer Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brewer Bunch said...

Ha! Those were fun times!! Just like the putting the pillow cases on and sliding down the stairs!

I have to say I learn a whole new phase of respect for mom every day!! How did she do it all??!

Robin Conner said...

I can't help but laugh Jen. Kids are creative aren't they? They only see the fun side, not the "mess side" that us moms tend to only see. I try and learn lessons from the kids and chill out and enjoy the fun simple stuff. but it's hard especially when a wet dirty dog jumps on all your blankets! Fun laundry day for you tomorrow! :) Love ya! Thanks for sharing that was cute. ;)

Angela said...

okay jen!
I did it! I'm playing tag with you! Go to my blog to see my answers. I also added a few of my own!
love ya!
Ang