Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cleaning Quote of the Day

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the driveway while it is still snowing"
This fits my feelings to a T these past few months.  I feel like by the time I make even one sweep through the house, everything I did at the beginning is completely undone.  
     In the past few weeks, I have learned another quote of the day (that was hanging in my mom's house while I was growing up, and I am beginning to appreciate it more and more!)...
"Housework is something that you do that nobody notices unless you don't do it."
    I get so sick of cleaning up the same messes, doing the same dishes (yes, our dishwasher broke a few months back, so I have been hand washing all of the dishes - fun for me!), washing/drying/folding the same laundry.  I feel like I'm living in some sort of groundhog day movie time warp.
     Okay, my little pity party is over - I just wanted to get that off my chest.  Now I can go and tackle the tornado wreckage that has become my house since I cleaned it 24 hours ago :).
     Do any of you have wonderful tips on how to keep your house clean with little ones running around??  What are your tricks of the trade?  Do share, please!!

No comments: