Wednesday, July 7, 2010

More on the 4th...



We had an inaugural bbq to kick off the summer season.  I think 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays to do fun food creations.   It's right up there with Christmas.  And Halloween.  And Valentine's Day... and Easter... okay so pretty much every holiday is my favorite to have fun with food... :)

Seriously, I think it's against the law to hold a July BBQ without the traditional "flag cake"...

Daddy and Elizabeth at the 2nd ward 4th of July Breakfast


What, we aren't in 2nd ward, you say??
Well, they did say we could come back anytime we wanted...
and they were serving yummy breakfast in the morning...
How could we refuse??!

In all reality, this was one of Sarah's concerns about moving out of the ward... that we wouldn't be able to go to the 'parade'.  After breakfast, there is always a parade by the primary, and she made sure that attendance in the parade was part of the 'moving clause,' so we did make the trek back to let her shine :)





Here is Elizabeth doing her "I will not actually snuggle to let you know I'm sleepy... I'm merely 'resting my eyes' "  stance...




and this was how excited Seth was to be in the 'parade'... refusing to decorate a bike, or even bring one for that matter, and as I was snapping this picture, he is in the process of turning away... truly they are twins by birth only... :)

No comments: