Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's amazing...


How something so teeny...

... and so tiny...
... can fill such a big hole that we never knew existed in our family until she came.

I was sitting watching this little angel sleep today, and it amazed me how fiercely I love her.
...How completely consumed I am by her little life right now.
...How our (not-so-little) family was just great before, and now that she's here, I wonder how we ever got along without her.
...How just when I thought my love capacity was filled with my other children, she has jumped right in and stretched it even farther than I knew was humanly possible.

In just 2 short months, she has successfully wrapped each one of us around her tiny little fingers, and we are all pretty much head over heals in love with our newest member.

Her smile truly does melt my heart, and bring shear joy to all who are around her. The kids will do anything to get a little smile out of her, and their squeals at her tiny smile makes my own heart smile.

I try to write about it, yet words just don't seem to do justice to how utterly and completely each new little life takes up housing in my heart and holds me captive in their embrace.

I am truly, madly, deeply, and irrevocably in love with my family.

I am blessed.

I am grateful.

I am content.

I am mom.

3 comments:

Nat said...

well said. what a miracle those little lives are. she is beautiful.

Walt and Eileen said...

This reinforces to me why Heavenly Father had us come to earth in families. How else would each new baby be loved so much!?
Jen, how nice to use your literary talents in expressing to us (and the world where so many have no idea why providing bodies for these heavenly spirits is so important).
Even tho you are sleep deprived at this time of your life, you have captured the essence of motherhood and its crowning reward.
You have put into words exactly how I felt about your coming as our 7th precious baby.
Love forever, Mom

Angela said...

All I can say is "yep!" "ditto" and "uh-huh."
Love ya Jen!
~Angela :)