Saturday, November 7, 2009

How Quickly they learn...

Joshy, with all of his crazy ways, has realized in just a few short days that I have a 'perimeter of reach' while nursing.

... so yesterday morning while nursing, I heard a chair scooting in the kitchen, then some shuffling of dishes... and then joshy came walking around the corner, wielding two big glass bowls... and... a steak knife.... and his 'wicked' grin on his mouth...

... and he stopped just short of my perimeter of reach to show me all the tricks he could do with his glass/knife ensemble...

... mind you, I'm still in the middle of the nursing "hurting so badly that you can't move a muscle or even more electric shock pain shoots through your entire body" mode... so trying to reach out to get him was more complicated then it seemed. I finally coaxed him to bring the knife to me, and then he kind of hurled the bowls on my lap - then crawled up beside me to 'help' me in my nursing efforts. So I then had the baby, Joshy, two glass bowls, and a steak knife to finish out the Elizabeth feeding session....

... this must have been in the fine print of all of the 'new mom' material they sent home with us from the hospital...

No comments: